This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- to assure you that we recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of our customers and their clients; and
- to explain what personal information we collect and how we ensure its best protection.
Micro-ID Ltd complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the DPA”). For the purposes of the DPA, Micro-ID Ltd is the data controller for the personal data collected by all forms of communication and from our Website.
We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
MicroChip Central (the database) is compliant with ISO27000 information security standards.
Scaynes Hill (where we reside) is compliant with ISO27000 information security standards.
The DPA gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. A small fee may be payable in respect of any access request.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect some information through direct communications, or by interactive features such as online accounts, surveys, and application forms. The basic personal information about you which we may collect and process is:
- Your name
- Your user type (e.g. pet keeper, breeder, authorised agent)
- Your e-mail address
- Your personal or organisation’s address
- Your personal or organisation’s telephone number(s)
Depending on what you are registering for, additional information may be collected from you.
We may also collect and process information provided by you on the Website, as well as details of your visit to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data), and the resources that you use. Further, if you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that details are correct for registration purposes;
- to be compliant with any relevant legislation including all compulsory microchipping regulations;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, and to notify you about changes to our service.
Micro-ID Ltd may share your data with MicroChip Central if required to register an animal onto the database for reunification purposes.
We do not at present forward the information collected about you to any third parties except where required by law to do so or in order to enforce or apply our Conditions of use. However, we reserve the right to change this position at any time.
If Micro-ID Ltd chooses to employ the services of a third party it will inform you, but the change will only apply in relation to information which we collect from you after we have informed you of the change. We will not disclose any information we have already collected about you without your consent, other than where required to do so by law or in order to enforce or apply our conditions of use.
At all times, Micro-ID Ltd will control and be responsible for the use of your personal information held on our database.
By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.